Become a Volunteer
CURRENT PMI NUC OPENINGS:
- Chapter Mentor (4+ Openings) – See the following link for more information.
- Mentor Board Position - (2 Openings) - See the following link for more information
- Director of Events and Forum – South (Utah County area) (1 position) - Will be responsible for registration at the South Forum and for getting volunteer(s) to manage a booth at events promoting PMI Northern Utah Chapter.
- Director of Events and Forum – North (Weber County area) (1 position) - Will be responsible for registration at the North Forum and for getting volunteer(s) to manage a booth at events promoting PMI Northern Utah Chapter.
- Director of Social Media – (4 positions) - Pending job description
- Director of Newsletter - (1 position) - Pending job description
- Host of AM in the PM (Lehi) – (1 position) - The host is the meeting facilitator. The location host will greet attendees, have each attendee sign-in and provide and introduction, give announcements, kick-off the discussion, make sure everyone is included in the discussion. And, pay for something for the participants to eat.
For access to local and global volunteer opportunities click here. (PMI login required)
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Personal development of leadership and other soft skills in a non-threatening environment
- Peer recognition through interaction and publicity of chapter activities
- Satisfaction of contributing to the success of the chapter and celebrating it at special volunteer events
- Participation in special leadership meetings with chapter officers
- Making a difference by helping others learn, develop and grow both professionally and personally
- Earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward certification renewal
ROLES OF CHAPTER VOLUNTEERS
The PMI Northern Utah Chapter is a Utah nonprofit corporation with two main categories of volunteers; officers and non-officers. The PMI Northern Utah Chapter's Board of Directors consists of 12 elected and appointed officers. In addition to providing chapter leadership, the 12 officers have legal responsibilities for the chapter's well being. Our non-officer volunteers are appointed by members of the Board of Directors to work on specific operational needs, either as one-time tasks or for a specified term.
PDUS THROUGH VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
In order to renew their certification, PMP® certified individuals are required to submit 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) every three years. PMI allows the chapter to issue PDUs toward certification renewal. The chapter does this through a year-end review of the service provided by all PMI-certified volunteers. Based on results, certificates are issued to each volunteer. Members then claim these credits through the normal PMI PDU process.