Apply for a
PMI, Project Management Institute, is the international non-profit association for advancing the profession of project management. The PMI Northern Utah Chapter is offering three scholarships, $2000, $1000, and $500, to outstanding Utah students who demonstrate an interest in project management.
- Submission Deadline: 4/30/2021
- Finalist Notification: 5/7/2021
“A project is a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result.”
Project Management Institute (PMBOK Guide)
SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST: YOUTUBE VIDEO SUBMISSION
To apply for and be considered for a scholarship, please create and upload a 5 minute or less YouTube video telling a story about a project you have been involved in.
Here are some topics that could be, but are not required to be, covered:
- Your role in the project
- Project Initiation: How did you/the team define your project?
- Project Planning: How did you/the team determine what needed to get done and the course of action?
- Project Execution: How did you/the team perform the work?
- Project Monitoring and Controlling: How did you/the team determine you were on track and how did you manage any issues that came up?
- Outcome of the project
- Lessons Learned: Did you/the team gain any knowledge during the project that you can implement in future projects?
- Social impact: How was your project meaningful?
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Utah student attending an accredited Utah High School, College, University, or Trade School (High School students must be a Junior or a Senior)
- Available to present at the PMI Northern Utah Chapter's (Virtual) Lunch & Learn on 05/20/2021 at 12pm
Please submit application to google form found here https://forms.gle/WLgW3SqRcBYDwBRd6 by 4/30/2021 to be considered.
- Phone Number:
- City, State, Zip:
- School Currently Attending:
- YouTube Video Submission URL:
The PMI Utah Northern Chapter Scholarship committee will judge the YouTube video submissions to determine three finalists. If you are selected as a finalist, you will need to submit an official transcript from the school you currently attend.
The students chosen as finalists will give a 10-15 minute lunch presentation, including Q&A, on their project at the Lunch & Learn on May 20,2021 at 12pm. A weighted average vote between the Scholarship Committee and Audience members will determine one grand prize winner who will be awarded $2,000. Second place will be awarded $1,000 and third place will be awarded $500. The winners will be announced on May 28,2021. In addition to the scholarship, finalists will also be able to attend the Professional Development Conference in the fall and bring one guest free of charge. The reward will be administered by The PMI Education Foundation.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The PMI Utah Northern Chapter Scholarship awards will be distributed to the winners through 529 plans through my529 (formally Utah Educational Savings Plan), which is Utah’s official nonprofit 529 college savings program. If a winner does not have a 529 plan setup through my529, one will need to be setup prior to the release of the scholarship, and can be done here.
The students selected as winners will need to submit their 529 account information no later than 5/17/2021 to remain eligible for scholarship distribution.